Uh… so I decided to do a thing? 😬 I put this design up on Red Bubble so it’s available on some shirts, notebooks, etc. I put up some older designs as well.
Rabbit Rabbit HERE
All of my Red Bubble art HERE
I’m gonna try to add more over time–I have a few ideas for new pieces that might make for fun shirts, and I’m also going through my backlog to see what else could work. If anyone happens to buy anything, please post and tag me! 😅
Rabbit, Rabbit! I’m ready for October, ready for Autumn, ready for (eternal) Halloween, and heck, ready for next year (the year of the rabbit)! 🐇🐇
“A king of the savannah, sea, and sky, the majestic, powerful, and cunning Leoctrow is often depicted in the heraldry of versatile multi-class adventurers, most typically warrior-mage-rogues.”
Fitting in perfectly with the old Mutant Zoo posts, here’s today’s warm-up using my buddy @jazylhdraws #jazylhcreateacharacter prompts for August! The prompts were crow, lion, octopus, water, and backpack. I failed at figuring out how to incorporate backpack, but I didn’t want to get hung up on it, so I just went with the other four prompts. 😅
I realized I’ve been on Instagram for ten years and decided to file all of my food posts into highlight reels, sorted by year. 😂
What’s that you say, we’re already several months into the Year of the Water Tiger? 🌊🐅 This post is absurdly late? And a surfer/street-fighter tiger lady is a totally random combo? Yet here we are… Happy Belated Year of the Tiger! BTW, the character on her outfit is a stylized archaic form of 虎 (tiger).
Squeezing in a drawing before this year’s March of Robots ends–here’s a big bruiser with a bit of Showa style! Maybe if I get it together in KaiJune I’ll draw some monsters for this ‘bot to battle…
When I drew my piece for the Year of the Ox, it occurred to me that I hadn’t drawn anything for the previous Lunar Year, which was also the start of the Lunar Zodiac cycle. So I decided to go backwards briefly and draw one for 2020, the Year of the Metal Mouse. 🦾🐀
2020 you were a hot mess! 👎👎👋
Happy Year Of The Metal Ox! 🐮 I decided to interpret metal as heavy metal 🤘 as well as bionic 🦾, and a humanoid ox woman had to be blue like Babe the blue ox 💙, because punny, convoluted, and weird is my jam. FYI the design on the shirt is a stylized archaic form of 牛 (ox). 🤓
IDK a dang thing about fashion, but I do know that when you see a pair of sharp looking tiger feet sneakers for half off, you order those dang shoes! 🐯 I’m super excited for the new kicks to arrive even though I probably won’t be wearing them out until after I get vaccinated sometime this summer. 🙃⏳🗓💉
A few weeks ago, my pal @happymonkeyshoes asked me if I had any B-movie style villains he could draw, and just look at the amazing renditions he came up with for this fearsome foursome!!! It’s so cool seeing Dylan’s style on my little monsters. Click to see each piece separately, and hit up his page for more fantastic art!
This is super old lineart (2003!) that I found scanned in my archives. I cleaned up the lines just a tiny bit, and threw in some colors as a quick warm-up.
A quick warm-up drawing from last week. Sometimes a rando doggo appears in your brain, and you must draw it.
Eek… I haven’t updated in over a year. But it’s never too late! Especially when no one is paying attention! Anywayzzzz…
- As a kid, scoring a 4-in-1 multi-color pen was like obtaining the Infinity Gauntlet of stationary supplies (before the Infinity Gauntlet was even a thing)! Also, if you can relate to what I just said, you too are an old-ass nerd. ANYWAYSSS here’s an android lady I just made up, equipped with a 4-in-1 multi-tool arm! 😎🖤❤️💙💚🖋
- Ever since I was a kid I’ve been wondering why BIC’s mascot is SO DAMN TERRIFYING… PS: no one tell this creeper that I was only able to finish this drawing with the aid of a number of non-BIC pens… 🤐
- Rogue/Ranger specializing in monster photography. 📸
- Dark Mage on a bargain hunt… 🔮💸💀
- Gladiator! 💪🐯
- A totally random smiling shark man from 2014 (yeesh!) that I never got around to posting anywhere. Drawn with red +white color pencils, silver + black markers, and white gel pen on a random cardboard scrap that felt like a good size.
- Opening panel from the l’il 4-pager (written by my BFF Josh Williamson) for the Adventure Time 2013 Annual! 👑❄️🐧
- REBEL ALLIANCE 4 LIFE 😤 (I tend to detest photos of myself, but I really liked this photo of me at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, so I only did a *slight* drawover. 😎)
- Remix of an older group shot of the gang…
- Some old lineart of Kylo Ren with new colors.
- That feeling when you suddenly realize you can turn in that last bounty and then relax for a few days! (I understand there is some debate about whether Ortolans have 4 limbs or 2—I went with 4, Kenner style! 🤓)
- Saurian brandy for a Saurian captain. New colors over old lineart.
- Quick Counselor Troi warm-up. New colors over old lineart.
- I’ve had GI Joe on the brain recently, and got an idea for a Storm Shadow redesign that I had to draw! (This is actually my second go at it check the Instagram post for a janky video of my previous attempt plus some in-progress views)
- For the TL;DR crowd, look, it’s Ironhide & Sparkplug! Yay, we like them, right? For lovers of long rambling: this was one of the first things I ever drew on a Cintiq, 5 years ago. It’s a weird artifact because I was using a Cintiq Companion which I never got the hang of (too heavy and too ungainly) and Manga Studio (aka Clip Studio Paint) which I never got the hang of either (because the Cintiq Companion was so awkward). About a year later I got a desktop Cintiq at ye olde dayjobbe, and I took to that much more intuitively. Over the last five years my work has become mostly digital, and I recently got an Apple Pencil and Procreate (which I am really enjoying) so I think that will push me even further into the completely digital world. I just hope this all ends with me living in the world of Tron.
- I drew this last Fall—an idea for a different way Pretender Monsters could work. 👹🤖
Lastly, here’s a pandemic postcard…✌️💙
It’s my first real go at a finished drawing with Apple Pencil + Procreate. Really happy with these new tools! ✏️📲
And that, should just about catch me up. Phew. More art coming, I’ll try to post more regularly lololololol sighhhhh. 😅
(Celebrating Chinese New Year and 12+ years of me uploading nerdy-ass drawings unto ye olde internet… See also: http://jasonbot.com/?p=1975 )